Saturday, June 14, 2008

Today

***********Warning this is a very sad post*****************


Today has been an up and down day. First off all we had a lot going on today.
But something happened to make me stop and enjoy my two great sons. Let me first give you some background. My mom and dad are divored. They divorced when I was 6. Growing up my dad's family was around, but just not in my life often. Around Jr. High my cousin Jay became really good friends. He's only a year younger then I. Jay and I were inserpable. Well as the years go on through Jr. was the same. High school we started to drift apart. We went to different high schools, and hung out with very different crowds. Well I had my 2 kids and Jay had 2 kids. 6 months ago Jay and his wife Melissa has another little boy names Carson. Well one of our families favorite things to do is go camping. So this weekend Jay and his family went camping. They went to Shelbyville. At 4 this morning little Carson woke up to feed as normal. Then mom went back to bed. Jay and Melissa woke up around 8ish, and went to check on Carson. They found Carson not breathing. Jay as a trained firefighter started CPR on the baby. While Melissa called 911. Unfortantly the baby was pronunced at the scene dead. This is the 6 month old baby. They thought he had died from suffaction from a blanket in the bed. Well around 5 this evening the received the autopsy reports and Carson died from SIDS. Sudden Infant Death Syndorm. This is a syndrom where infants die suddenly and with out cause. My whole family is very distraught over this. How could this happen to our family. How could this even happen to Jay. He LOVED his kids with all his heart and it broke my heart into a billion little pieces just thinking that he had to preform CPR on his own child, and for the baby to die on him. How could this happen.

I cannot write anymore about this now. I get very upset just thinking about it let alone writing this.

If you have any children, babies anything just hug them tighter, love them more then ever and enjoy them more then you can. You never know when something like this can happen to you or your family.

Jay and Melissa if you are reading this. I love you guys, hang in there.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I am so sorry to hear this. I'll keep them in my thoughts. How horrible!!

Schneiderdoodle said...

I am sorry to hear about your family's loss.

Maria said...

That is awful! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Trisha said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this!! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts!

Thoughts Anonymously said...

I am very sorry to hear of this. Your and your family are in my thoughts!

Jordan & Me

Jordan & Me