Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hospital

As I sit here and type this post, I am just so relieved to be home. Brayden was sick all last week as of Tuesday. I thought it was just a simple cold and was giving him Dimeatap. Well Sunday we were getting ready to head of to Jordan's moms, and then his dads when my mom put her hand on Braydens back and felt the gunk in his chest. He had pneumonia. So at 10:30 in the morning Brayden and I head to the ER, and Jordan and Chase head over to Jordan's moms. So they get Brayden into a room pretty fast, get him breathing treatment, and x-rays. They come back and yes he has pneumonia. So they move us to a different room still in the ER and take some blood for some tests. So about now it's Noon, then when the tests got back it was about 1:30-2:00pm. The doctor comes in and tells me that they are going to admit him for the night to get him hydrated, the good nes is they weren't transfereing him to Childrens like 3-4 other children they had transfered. So they tell me they are waiting on a nurse to get in and they would get us to his room, but in the mean time they have to put in an Iv. Great me by myself with my strong little 2 year old, and a nurse trying to get an Iv in his arm. Well they got it the first time, but by the time they were done I was in tears, and he was screaming MOMMY over and over again. We finally got transfered to our room at 8:30pm. So as of Sunday at 8:35pm we were in room 135 in the hospital. Sharing a bed with 2 yr old and trying to sleep and makeing sure he didn't pull out his iv, was not a fun stay. We finally got to leave the hospital this morning around 9 am. One thing that got us through was that Jordan brought me my laptop with some of Brayden's favorite movies. SO I haven't had more then 5 hours of sleep since Sunday. I am a tired person.

3 comments:

Schneiderdoodle said...

Tag you're it!

Unknown said...

Tag you're it! See my blog for instructions

Mrs. B said...

tag!

Jordan & Me

Jordan & Me